Conventional methods of measuring water retention are static. Sometimes cake formation may cause problems which are not present in coating process. DWR measurement principle is dynamic and therefore simulates real coating processes better.
Main advantages of the DWR include:
- Dynamic like coating processes.
- Best correlation to the real coating processes.
- Real results with coating colors including starches.
- No pigment cake problems.
- Can analyse qualities of base papers and base boards.
Operational features of the DWR are:
- Adjustable measuring time. Normally 5 sec.
- Measuring pressure one (1) bar.